- Avoid hard, tough, crunchy foods until tooth is comfortable
- Your tooth will be sensitive to biting for days or even weeks after your procedure.
- You should refrain from chewing until the feeling returns to your lips and tongue to avoid injury. You may experience spontaneous throbbing pain
- Any discomfort should be alleviated by taking ibuprofen (Advil/Motrin), aspirin, or acetaminophen (Tylenol) as directed. NOTE: Alcohol intake is not advised while taking any of these medications.
- Should you experience discomfort that cannot be controlled with the above listed medications, or should significant swelling develop, please contact our office at 858-755-4787.
Endodontic treatment has now been completed. The root canal system has been permanently sealed. However, the outer surface may be sealed with a temporary restoration. If a permanent restoration is not in place, a follow-up restoration must be placed to protect your tooth against fracture and decay. Please telephone your restorative dentist for an appointment. A complete report of your treatment and digital x-rays will be sent to your restorative dentist. We will let you know if your tooth requires a follow-up examination to evaluate the progress of healing. This appointment will require only a few minutes and no additional fee will be charged for the first check-up visit.